You've come to the correct place if you're looking for a condenser microphone for phone but aren't sure if it's right for you. All the terminology can make purchasing one seem like a challenging procedure. To help you identify and select the right one, this article takes you through three basics.
- What is a condenser microphone and can it connect to your phone？
- Three steps to choose a condenser microphone for phone
- How to use condenser microphone on phone for audio recording？
What is a condenser microphone and can it connect to your phone？
1. What is it?
Mobile phone condenser microphone uses an ultra-sensitive vibrating membrane to capture sound. They are thought to be the most flexible recording studio microphones, and they can record almost any instrument. With the right interface or a compatible converter, it surely can work with your phone or other mobile devices for recording.
2. How does it work?
A condenser microphone for phone’s membrane is dangling just over a thick metal plate. These two components are connected by a current. The membrane moves back and forth when sound waves strike it, changing the distance between it and the metal plate. The mic converts the sound waves into audio as a result of the change in capacitance that results from this.
3. What is it used for?
Vocals and high frequencies are best recorded with condenser mics. They are also the type that is most frequently used in studio settings. Condenser microphones also referred to as capacitor ones, are frequently utilized in studios due to their precision and fine detail. This type is more sensitive, has a wider frequency response, and has a greater dynamic range. Therefore, they are better in terms of recording quality. They work well for recording vocals and acoustic instruments in studios. Like the best condenser microphone for iPhone SYNCO P2L transfers a high-fidelity transmission and features a strong signal for vocal recording from a long distance. It can apply to kinds of audio recordings like vlogs, interviews, conferences, live streaming, etc.
Three steps to choose a condenser microphone for phone
What features make the best condenser phone mic? There are more qualities of a trustworthy one than just the details you read in its description. Its structure, the type of metals used, and the level of manufacturing precision can all have a significant impact on how well it performs. Here are a few things you need to do before buying.
1. Decide on the right type for your usage scenario
There’re different kinds of phone condenser microphone for singing, such as the wired one, the wireless lav-mic, the handheld one, the camera-mounted shotgun one, or the desktop USB mic. You must consider your requirements, preferences, and intended use. What types of noises are you going to record? How about the environments themselves? Vocals will be your main priority if you only podcast. However, you might want to consider whether your chosen mic is compatible with your instrument of choice if you also play an instrument, for example.
2. Consider whether it matches your phone
An external microphone must be connected to a smartphone either wirelessly, through the Bluetooth tech, or by the plugs and slots, which usually is the headphone jack or the charging port. If you're looking for a plug-and-play microphone, you're probably looking for one with the typical phone plug, such as lightning for an iPhone or Type-C as a condenser microphone for android phone. If the microphone's port wasn't compatible, you might additionally need some accessories, such as a cheap and practical adaptor or converter. For example, SYNCO G2(A2) wireless lavalier microphone with dual channels, has a 3.5mm audio output, and three cables are in the product package, including a 3.5mm to 3.5mm TRS for the camera, 3.5mm TRRS phone cord, and an apple adapter with MFI certification. You can additionally buy a 3.5mm to Type-C cord if you want. It’s flexible for it to work with different devices, no matter phone or camera.
3. Select according to the specification table of the microphone
A wireless condenser microphone for smartphones may generate nuanced and high-quality sound due to its diaphragm's low bulk. performs well with sounds at higher frequencies and vocalists. A condenser microphone performs exceptionally well with high-frequency sound and vocals due to its great sensitivity. What frequencies your microphone can pick up depends on its frequency response. It also describes the performance of your microphone at any specific frequency. One microphone might, for instance, do better with highs than lows or vice versa. The normal frequency response range varies based on the mic and maker, although it is often between 20 and 20,000 Hz.
How to use condenser microphone on phone for audio recording？
- Connecting - However, if you're picky about quality and have the cash to invest in an audio interface and XLR cable, you'll be able to consider XLR condenser mic options as well. Additionally, if you choose to use a condenser microphone, you will probably need to buy a gadget that can convert the XLR connector of the microphone to the tiny 1/8" (3.5mm) connector of your smart device and supply the necessary phantom power. Of course, this is seen less in cell phones and more in links to professional cameras. When you use an external laptop microphone or connect a mic to a smartphone or tablet, you can plug-and-play via the common Type-C, USB or lightning for ios system.
- Setting - Audio monitoring and recording apps, unlike connected cables, do not directly assist you in setting up and checking. You might not be able to utilize your external condenser mic for phone recording when it's connected to your phone without these audio monitoring and recording apps. This is since the majority of them are incompatible with your smartphone. You'll be shocked to learn that it is incompatible with your phone's default camera, which is used to shoot videos. As a result, using your condenser microphone with a smartphone sometimes requires the use of these third-party tools. In addition, certain drivers or programs might be necessary to complete the connection.
- Recording - In addition to mini phone microphone itself playing a vital effect on the effectiveness of the recording, mastering the skills and methods of using it correctly will also have a great impact. Take for example the placement of it. When using a lavalier condenser microphone for smartphones, you can clip it directly to your clothes, collar, or tie. If you find that there is noise coming out of the recording, remember to use the wind muff to help you. Instead, when using a USB type, the speaker's mouth is best placed about two fingers away from it, so that it is not easy to sound blurry, but also to ensure a certain volume. You can also use a sound shield to improve the quality of sound so that it sounds more pure and rich.